Monday, September 21, 2009

The Power of a Praying Wife


You may wonder why I have a book designed for a wife as recommended reading for a courtship. The reason is first, because this is the only Stormy O’Martin book that I’ve read. I wasn’t aware she had others until later. I’m sure they are good, but I can’t personally recommend them yet. Secondly, there are no books like this designed specifically for the courting relationship. This is probably because the courting stage is fairly finite, and there isn’t a huge market for books on prayer. Thirdly, I think this book is quite appropriate to the Courting relationship. Any area appropriate for a spouse to pray about is also appropriate for a CB to pray for. Your man needs your prayers, give them. 
This book was both challenging and enjoyable to read. It was enjoyable to read because there were good illustrations and the book explained very nicely each of the prayer points. It was challenging because it had never occurred to me that there were so many areas in which my Knight needed prayer!!It was also interesting to watch the results of the prayers.

Some of the prayer points covered were his finances, fears, protection, reputation, integrity, choices, and many more. At the end of each chapter are related Bible verses and/ a written out prayer, you can choose to pray that prayer as a guideline or to pray in your own words. There are a total of 30 prayer points, plus a chapter on the power of prayer, so this book lends itself well to a monthly reading. Because the chapters are usually only a few pages long, this book will only add a few minutes to your normal quiet time routine. I highly recommend working through it at least once.

** Stormy O’Martin has also written The Power of a Praying Husband. I haven’t read that one, but would assume it to be similar in quality and content to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment