Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reason #3--he is protective

We had an ice storm this week, I heard it was going to be the worst since 2005. When my husband found out it was coming he told me that he planned to work from home. His job allows him the freedom to do that as needed, which has been a blessing to us both. My jobs, of course, won't allow for working at home. I take care of an elderly lady in the morning and babysit children in the afternoon. I can't do that at home.

When I mentioned that to my husband he told me that he wasn't planning on staying home for his own safety. He was planning to work from home so he could drive me to my jobs. He didn't want me to drive alone when the roads were bad, even if there was just a small amount of ice, and he was willing to cramp his work day to make sure he was there to take care of me.

As it turned out, the roads were SO bad that neither of us went out until it cleared up. But it meant a lot to me to know that my husband was willing to go out of his way to make sure I was safe--even if it was a little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment